2 hours CPD.
The purpose of this module is to assist all nursing and midwifery professionals in recognising patients suffering from phobias, and improve confidence when offering patient support and referral to a general physician or specialist services for diagnosis
Key learning outcomes
At the end of this module, participants should be able to:
- describe phobias including social phobia (social anxiety disorder, specific phobia, and agoraphobia
- understand the impact of phobias in Australia
- understand risk factors and common causes
- describe the pathophysiology of phobias
- identify the diagnostic criteria and symptoms for different types of phobias
- suggest common treatment strategies including pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
ANMF (Vic Branch) members receive annual credit for online
CPD modules to help meet your registration renewal requirements. Full- and
part-time members receive $400; members on parental leave receive $120; student
members receive $80. Credit renews every June.
Not a member? Join
Course Duration in Hours: 3