1 hour CPD.
Family violence is a significant health problem in Australia. The ANMF has outlined the specific role of nurses and midwives in identifying victims of abuse and facilitating access to support networks, while maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
Key learning outcomes
At the end of this module participants will be able to:
- define the special populations at risk of interpersonal abuse and family violence
- identify the steps in screening for abuse and family violence
- describe the nine steps to intervention in situations of violence (the 9Rs)
- understand why safety and risk assessments are valuable tools to help appropriately support survivors of abuse
- understand the importance of documentation, as well as adhering to legal and professional obligations, while maintaining patient confidentiality in cases of abuse or violence.
ANMF (Vic Branch) members receive annual credit for online
CPD modules to help meet your registration renewal requirements. Full- and
part-time members receive $400; members on parental leave receive $120; student
members receive $80. Credit renews every June.
Not a member? Join
Course Duration in Hours: 1